ShrimpFever’s Returns, Shipment and DOA Policy
At ShrimpFever we strive to meet customer’s needs, offer different shipping options and provide competitive dead-on-arrival (DOA) policies in the industry. Please see below for complete details.
SHIPMENT DISCLAIMERS: Customers placing online orders accept the following risks and responsibilities:
Select an appropriate shipping option to reduce risk of DOAs. Ensure all information entered in your online order is correct.TIP: The shorter the shipping time, the less risk of DOAs. Should you have any questions on shipping option to select, please consult with our knowledgeable ShrimpFever staff prior to submitting your order.
Estimated shipping time
Via UPS, FEDEX, PUROLATOR or CANADA POST
NEXT DAY RATE
100% guaranteed for any DOAs
50% guaranteed for any DOAs
$16 FLAT RATE PLUS TRACKING
Not qualified for any DOA
(Rare exceptions apply. E.g. 100% DOA on arrival.)
1 to 8 days
$5 FLAT RATE VIA CANADA POST LETTERMAIL
Not qualified for any replacements
Via Local GTA Same Day Courier
Within the GTA
100% guaranteed for any DOAs
Same Day Delivery
Via International Shipping
Dependent on the country
Will depend case to case
To be determined.
Further Clarifying Notes
- We will select the most appropriate courier matched to your chosen rate. If you have a preference please make us aware of it by making a note during ordering, emailing or calling us.
- Estimated shipping times are ESTIMATES. Depending on your unique location estimates may be changed at the time of booking.
- ShrimpFever reserves the rights to change rates according to your unique location. We will notify you if any changes are required.
- We do not ship livestock with Canada Post unless there are no other options. We will discuss with you first before proceeding.
It is your responsibility to keep track and receive the package on the first delivery attempt!
Turn around time for these orders are typically next shipment day available (shipment days are typically Monday mornings). Exceptions apply with inclement weather.
TIP: Sign up for email and text message notifications from the courier and plan in advance to be home for delivery day
**DOA POLICY DISCLAIMERS: Customers placing online orders accept the following DOA guarantee conditions:
- DOA guarantee policy is for Canadian orders only. International orders DOA conditions are determined on a case by case basis.
- All DOAs are still guaranteed in the event of delay caused by severe weather or courier-related issues.
- TIP: We stand by our quality guaranteed livestock. Good healthy livestock will be able to handle an extra day in transit under optimal shipping conditions and proper packaging. Should your package arrive late due to courier-related issues, you may be eligible for free shipping credit which could be used towards any DOA and/or additional purchases. Please contact the ShrimpFever team if you plan to use this shipping credit to confirm eligibility.
- Clear photos of DOA in the original packaging must be e-mailed to email@example.com as evidence. Please ensure livestock are identifiable in the photos.
- TIP: The simplest method to take DOA photo is by floating the bag in your tank and taking photos of the DOA.
- DOA credits only cover livestock, shipping costs are NOT included. There are no refunds or substitutions for DOAs.
- In the event that we do not have the livestock that was DOA upon reordering we can substitute the value for a different species of livestock ONLY.
- Situations where DOA guarantees are void:
- If a delivery is 1) missed, 2) delayed due to rescheduling of delivery, or 3) package is left outdoors for an extended period of time.
- If customer requests to change a mailing address after the order has already been packed and shipped out.
- Any wrong address input by the customer during ordering process also voids DOA guarantee.
- Special shipment requests outside of the regular shipment days (after Wednesdays).
- Failure to provide DOA photos within 6 hours of receiving the package.
- Any unidentifiable items in photos will not account for DOA guarantees.
- Should the package be returned to ShrimpFever (e.g. refused, missed delivery, wrong address, failed to pass international customs), items, livestock and shipping costs will not be reimbursed or exchanged.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are your store hours?
A: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are reducing our hours to 12-6pm every day of the week.
Q: Do you still allow in store shopping?
A: Due to the Stay At Home order we are currently only allowing Curbside Pickup and shipping.
Q: How does ShrimpFever’s DOA policy work?
A: Once it is determined that all requirements are meet for DOA guarantee, ShrimpFever will email you a DOA credit note that can be redeemed at your next online order.
Sample DOA credit note: John Smith placed an order on January 1st, 2019 and 2 out of 10 cherry shrimp DOA.
Email subject: DOA REPLACEMENT CREDIT
2x CHERRY SHRIMP DOA
Then with a new order of 8 Cherry Shrimp, we will send you a total of 10 to accommodate the DOA credit.
Due to COVID19 and ever increasing difficulties with logistical costs and timing, we have to regretfully now limited DOA CREDITS to be only redeemable within 1 year of the ordering date as of April 1st, 2021. To redeem, all you have to do is copy and paste the email body into the “Customer Notes” section during check out and we will process your order accordingly. If you do not use the note, no DOAs will be sent with the new order.
Q: Our package is late according to delivery standards, what happens?
A: For late packages due to some courier-related issues, we credit you FREE shipping for your next order. Please note the handling costs of $5.00 is an additional charge as per our standard order shipping costs.
There are some EXCEPTIONS and a free shipping credit is not available with situations such as:
- Severe weather and/or natural events (ie. heavy snow, flood, earthquakes, tornadoes)
- Uncontrollable mechanical events (ie. Truck break downs, sorting facility issues, power outages)
- Courier refused to provide free shipping credit
Q: Do we get a tracking number with our orders?
A: Yes! A tracking number will be emailed to you from our staff.
A friendly reminder that it is your responsibility to check your Paypal or Email for the tracking number and keep track of it. You can also sign up for automatic notifications on the courier’s website. Always make sure and check your SPAM mail folder in case your email has filtered the email.
Q: What are your shipping times and period?
A: We only ship livestock orders out on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays so they never have to risk a delay and sit at the post office over the weekend. The cut off time for orders to be shipped out the same day is 9AM EST. If we receive your order after 9AM EST on Monday, your package will be scheduled to ship out on Tuesday. Please contact us directly if you need to make special shipping arrangements (DOA guarantees may be unavailable due to special requests/requirements).
Q: When is my Same Day GTA Courier Package going to be shipped?
A: All orders have to be submitted prior to 10am to be shipped the same day. Orders that arrive after 10am will be shipped the day after. You can always make an Order Note specifying which day you would like to receive it.
Orders MAY be able to be shipped same day after 10am with additional rush charges. Rush charges will be calculated case by case.
Q: Help! Our package has been lost, what now?
A: Notify us immediately in this situation. With our excellent DOA guarantee, you get peace of mind knowing that your package is still guaranteed if you have chosen a shipping method with it. After you notify us, we will work as quickly as possibly with the courier service to resolve this issue and let you know of our next steps. It may take up to 30 days for the courier service to provide a full credit if the package is 100% lost.
Q: We put in an order but provided the wrong address for shipping. What can we do?
A: It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure all addresses are correct for shipping and on all invoices and payments. Contact a ShrimpFever agent as soon as possible if you have made an error. ShrimpFever is not responsible for packages sent to the incorrect provided address. All DOA guarantees are void immediately if this happens.
In the even of ANY issues please CONTACT US FIRST. If you bypass this step and have the package rerouted through the courier the DOA policy is void. We do NOT accept returned packages.
Q: What do we do in the situation of missing product from my order?
A: Please contact us right away and we will take a look into what happened and determine how to proceed. Photos are taken of every order we package before we ship it out with all items laid out beside the invoice for quality assurance. If dry goods are missing, we will ship it immediately out free of charge. If it is a livestock item, we can either credit it as a DOA or give a full refund for the missing item.
Q: What happens if my order was shipped via $5.00 Standard Envelope Letter Mail option has not shown up after a 2-4 weeks?
A: Orders shipped with the $5.00 Standard Envelope Letter Mail shipping option have zero guarantees for delivery time and if the order goes missing. Because this option has no tracking and is picked by the buyer themselves, all risks are assumed by the buyer and ShrimpFever has no responsibility to compensate lost packages in anyway with this shipment method.
Q: We ordered a package online and it is being held up in customs?
A: It is the buyer’s responsibility to adhere to proper regulations and policies regarding to the importation of livestock and plants and to ensure any that any of the ordered livestock and plants purchased from us are allowed into the customer’s country. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience but we are 100% not responsible if customs does not release, confiscate, or destroy your package.
Q: How are livestock packed and shipped and what about the winter or summer weather?
A: All of livestock is carefully packaged in either double poly bags or single breather bags. We then use polystyrene to line the top and bottom of the cardboard box and stuff with recycled cellulose insulation. We also add a heat pack during winter or an ice pack during summer. (Breather bags are upon request and have 1$ charge per bag). Please be advised, it may be dusty upon opening the package from the cellulose insulation.
Q: My friends and I would like to place a group order, how are the shipping costs determined?
A: For any bulk or group orders please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will determine how to best package your order and give you an estimate based on weight and box size once you contact us with an estimate on your order size.
Q: I would love to get started with shrimp but not sure what to do and how?
A: Feel free to give us a call, email, or Facebook message. We would love to guide and assist you in your successful journey to shrimp keeping! Everyone’s needs are different and every case has a specific situation we can definitely help advise. We have a shrimp for everyone~
Q: Where are all your shrimps from?
A: We at ShrimpFever source and import our shrimp all from highly reputable farms from Taiwan, Singapore, Indonesia, USA, Canada and Hong Kong. In addition to importing, we also breed a percentage of our shrimp in-house.
Q: What size are your shrimps?
A: We offer shrimps of all sizes, from juvenile to adults. However, for online orders we prefer to ship sub adult size shrimp as they travel better than full grown adults. We strive to provide superior customer service and if requested, larger sized shrimps pending our stock, could be requested at the time of submitting your online order.
Q: What is your in-store livestock policy?
A: Should your livestock die in the bag on the way home within a reasonable time frame, please take a photo of the livestock in the bag and when visiting next time present the picture to us for a replacement. No substitutions.
Q: What is your policy on splitting bagging?
A: We will automatically split orders of a certain size into multiple to reduce risk of DOAs. For any requests to split orders under 20 pcs there is a $0.20 charger per item split. Also, due to the increased size and weight of the package this may increase shipping costs.
Q: What is your refund or exchange policy?
A: There are no refunds for livestock online or in store purchases. Dry goods may be returned in their original, unopened packaging for store credit only within 1 week of purchase.
Q: What is your policy for items on hold?
A: Items that have been paid for can be held for a maximum of 2 weeks – either from the order date or the arrival date. Any orders that aren’t picked up within that time frame and considered forfeited. Forfeited orders will not be refunded.
For items that haven’t been paid for we can hold for a maximum of 24 hours. If they have not been purchased by then they will not longer be held and be available for general purchase again.
Q: What are the methods of payment accepted at this time?
A: The following methods of payment qualify for our listed discounted prices: Cash, Debit, Email Transfer, Online Order Credit Card Payments, Foreign Currency, Barter and Cryptocurrency.
The following methods do not qualify: In Person Credit Card Payments OR Over the Phone Credit Card Payments.
In Person Credit Card Payments are not discounted by 2.75% and Over the Phone Credit Card Payments are not discounted by 3.75%.